Song number 1
Imagine Dragons
When the days are coldAnd the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold
When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood’s run stale
I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There’s nowhere we can hide
No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom come
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide
Curtain’s call
Is the last of all
When the lights fade out
All the sinners crawl
So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out
At the mess you've made
Don't wanna let you down
But I am hell bound
Though this is all for you
Don't wanna hide the truth
No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom come
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide
They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I wanna save that light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide
In chapter 3 Ed Kennedy receives his first card the ace
of diamonds. On the card there were 3 addresses. Having no sense and mixed
feelings of this whole situation he decides to travel to the first address. At
this house he finds out that a woman gets raped by her husband every night he
comes home from the bar herself and her daughter suffer greatly from this. The
women is feeling scared and helpless, trying to be calm for her little girl. Ed
was sent here on a mission to help this family out. I believe that this song
would fit in this scene perfectly. The lyrics in the song say “Your eyes, they
shine so bright I wanna save that light I can’t escape this now unless you show
me how”. This explains that the mother and the little girl turn to Ed for help
their eyes shine so bright but they can’t escape the situation there in without
some kind of help. Ed wants to save them, he’s completely shaken about this
situation but he knows that he can’t leave them like this he needs to figure
out a way to help. The tone of this scene is very unsettling not knowing what
will happen to the family. In the song it says “I wanna hide the truth I wanna
shelter you but with the beast inside there’s nowhere we can hide”. This
relates to this scene because it gives the tone of wanting to shelter the
people who are hurting but with the beast inside, they can’t escape.
Song number 2
Skyscraper By: Demi Lovato
Skies are crying, I am watching
Catching teardrops in my hands
Only silence, as it's ending, like we never had a chance.
Do you have to make me feel like, there's nothing left of me?
You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper
As the smoke clears
I awaken and untangle you from me
Would it make you feel better to watch me while I bleed
All my windows, still are broken, but I'm standing on my feet
You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper
Go run run run I'm gonna stay right here
Watch you disappear yeah
Go run run run yeah it's a long way down
But I'm closer to the clouds up here
You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Ohh
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper
Like a skyscraper
Catching teardrops in my hands
Only silence, as it's ending, like we never had a chance.
Do you have to make me feel like, there's nothing left of me?
You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper
As the smoke clears
I awaken and untangle you from me
Would it make you feel better to watch me while I bleed
All my windows, still are broken, but I'm standing on my feet
You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper
Go run run run I'm gonna stay right here
Watch you disappear yeah
Go run run run yeah it's a long way down
But I'm closer to the clouds up here
You can take everything I have
You can break everything I am
Like I'm made of glass
Like I'm made of paper
Ohh
Go on and try to tear me down
I will be rising from the ground
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper
Like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper
Like a skyscraper
In chapter 7, Ed decides to go check out the second address
that was on his first card. He pulls up an old woman named Milla lives here. He
soon finds out that her husband has passed away but she calls Ed her husband’s
name because she has forgotten that her husband Jimmy has passed on. Soon
realizing that his mission for this house is to soothe Milla’s loneliness’. The
song skyscraper by Demi Lovato talks about how people can tear you down but you
have to be the stronger person. When life gives you a thousand reasons to break
down, you have to have the courage and strength to stand up and know that
everything is going to be okay. In the song it says “Go on and try to tear me
down I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper, like a skyscraper”.
This song relates to this part in the book and would make a perfect scene
because even though Milla’s husband has passed on Ed gives her the strength and
courage that things will be okay. Even though she is upset and forgets her
husband has passed Ed is there for her helping her heal her heart, and her
past. When your loved one is gone its completely heart breaking but this song
is saying even when things go wrong, try to see the positive things. Your memories
from the past with your husband are the things that you should be grateful for.
Song number 3
OWL
CITY LYRICS
"Here's
Hope"
Everywhere,
everybody needs a neighbor
Showing up when times get hard
But there's friends of sons and daughters
Saying grace without supper in your backyard
Who doesn't wanna be a hero?
At least a little bit of helping out
There's something you're never gonna help or
change
But hunger's something we can turn around
Here's hope (Here's hope)
Showing up at your front door
Here's hope (Here's hope)
Yeah what's everybody looking for
Here's your one chance to make a difference
Here's your one choice to give a helping hand
There's room at the table for more
Yeah here's hope.. Yeah here's hope
There's a small town girl in third grade
Making sure her sisters get enough
She sees her mama working two jobs
Worrying and crying, doing everything but
giving up
If a miracle's a gift when you need it
Then it's time for stepping in
Here's to families and kids
Wherever you live
Never ever wondering again
Showing up at your front door
Here's hope (Here's hope)
Yeah what's everybody looking for
Here's your one chance to make a difference
Here's your one choice to give a helping hand
There's room at the table for more
Yeah here's hope
Here's to going to bed not hungry
Here's to changing the story
Here's to bigger heart and brighter days
Let me hear you sing it for me
Let me hear you sing it for me
Here's hope (Here's hope)
Showing up at your front door
Here's hope (Here's hope)
Yeah what's everybody looking for
Here's your one chance to make a difference
Here's your one choice to give a helping hand
There's room at the table for more
Yeah here's hope (Here's hope)
Yeah here's hope (Here's hope)
Yeah here's hope (Here's hope)
Yeah here's hope (Here's hope)
Yeah here's hope
In part 3 Ed
receives the ace of spades he decides to go check out the house on Glory Road.
Here he sees a family, there’s a little boy who asks Ed if he could come back
and help them put up there Christmas lights. When he returns he realizes that
half the set of lights is out. Understanding why he was sent to this house he
helped them and got thanked greatly. The family was so grateful that Ed had
given them a new set of lights that the next day, they went to his house and
showed him the lights. Very excited and joyful of the great deed that had been
done they said goodbye with a huge warm smile. The song I chose to go well with
this scene is “Here’s Hope” By Owl city. In the lyrics they say “Everywhere,
everybody needs a neighbor showing up when times get hard”. These lyrics are
saying that no matter who you are or where you live there’s always a need for
help. This family needed help because they couldn’t afford a set of new
Christmas lights but Ed was able to provide that for them. Showing a sense of
friendship but helping out the people who are kind and need it the most. The
tone of this scene would be very happy and rejoicing, it’s the holiday season
and it shows giving to people around Christmas time. It’s very generous of Ed
to take time out and help this family.
Song number 4
DAUGHTRY LYRICS
"Home"
I'm staring out into the night,
Trying to hide the
pain.
I'm going to the
place where love
And feeling good
don't ever cost a thing.
And the pain you
feel's a different kind of pain.
Well I'm going home,
Back to the place
where I belong,
And where your love
has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got
me all wrong.
I don't regret this
life I chose for me.
But these places and
these faces are getting old,
So I'm going home.
Well I'm going home.
The miles are getting
longer, it seems,
The closer I get to
you.
I've not always been
the best man or friend for you.
But your love remains
true.
And I don't know why.
You always seem to
give me another try.
So I'm going home,
Back to the place
where I belong,
And where your love
has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got
me all wrong.
I don't regret this
life I chose for me.
But these places and
these faces are getting old,
Be careful what you
wish for,
'Cause you just might
get it all.
You just might get it
all,
And then some you
don't want.
Be careful what you
wish for,
'Cause you just might
get it all.
You just might get it
all, yeah.
Oh, well I'm going
home,
Back to the place
where I belong,
And where your love
has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got
me all wrong.
I don't regret this life
I chose for me.
But these places and
these faces are getting old.
I said these places
and these faces are getting old,
So I'm going home.
I'm going home.
In part 4 of the book Ed realizes that the last people he
has to help out are his best friends, Audrey, Ritchie, and Marv. The first of
his friends he helps out with is Marv. Marv had a little girl with Suzanne Boyd
the love of his life. Suzanne had taken the little girl and moved somewhere
else and found a new husband. Marv tells Ed about his little girl and how he
would love to see her. He soon comes to realize that he knows exactly what to
do for this mission. Ed arranges to pick up Suzanne and the little girl and
drive them to the park where Marv is. Marv and the little girl re unite; he
pushes her on the swings. Ed believes that it’s the most beautiful site he has
ever seen. The song I chose to put with this part in the book that would make a
scene if this were in a movie was “Home” by Chris Daughtry. In the song it says
“Well I’m going home, back to the place where I belong, and where your love has
always been enough for me. This relates to the book because Marv misses his
little girl a lot and when Ed finally re unites them Marv feels like he’s
finally at home again having the little girls love but no one else’s was
perfectly okay with him because it meant the world to him. Feeling that special
love from your daughter is an amazing feeling. Emotional tone for this scene
would be very happy and showing tears of joy since it’s been so long since the
daughter has been able to see her dad which is Marv.
Kortney V.
No comments:
Post a Comment